Nothing says Autumn Harvest like Apple Muffins.
The apples cook up soft and the nutmeg + cinnamon add the sweet spice!
Let's get baking!
Apple Harvest Muffins
Ingredients for batter:
3 small apples - peeled, cored + diced small
2 c. flour
1 tsp lemon juice
1 T. baking powder
1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 T. flour
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 T. melted butter
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees + line muffin tin with liners or lightly grease.
2) Chopped apples into small cubes + toss with lemon juice. set aside.
3) Mix ingredients for topping. Crumble with fork + set aside.
4) Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon + nutmeg together in large bowl. Set aside.
5) Whisk eggs + sugar in separate bowl. Add (cooled) melted butter, milk + vanilla.
6) Gently mix wet ingredients into dry + mix only until combined, then fold in apples. Do not overmix. It's okay to have lumps.
7) Add batter, top with crumble + bake for 20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! I like mine served warm with butter. Mmm.